Monday, July 28, 2008

We have a referral!!!!

Finally - it has happened.

Last Thursday evening, I got home with Mei Le at about 9 pm, having been to a wake, soccer, and then to run some errands.

There, on the phone, was a msg from our caseworker at the adoption agency, claiming to have an "update" and could we call her. I knew this was it ... the agency had never called us before, we were way overdue for referral, and the rumours had been circulating that referrals were iminent. An exciting night.

Here is the email I wrote to the group about my evening:

Thanks, all ...

It is just after 12:30 am ... I have been to the barn to do my night chores and found myself often paused - lost in thought & wondering ...

Took the laundry off the line that has been there 2 days bec is keeps raining just as it's ALMOST dry .... surrendered and put it in the dryer. Paused again to enjoy the cool evening and the sound of the frogs down at the pond ... and thought of our second daughter, whose face I shall see and whose name I shall know in about 8 hrs time ... such a strange place to be - knowing (finally) that it is iminent (phew!), yet still not knowing who she is.

All this on the heels of a roller-coaster day wherein I attended the wake of a local 19-year old girl who was killed in a car accident, and also wherein my step-daughters came home from the UK, one with her fiance in tow, starting the official countdown to her wedding on Aug 16th - my husband is so excited. This on top of yesterday, when we found out that my mother in law does NOT have bone cancer, and may have some hope of relief from her terribly slow pulse/low BP in the form of a pacemaker ... and that my father is making great strides in recovering from Guillain-Barre syndrome ...

The universe does indeed provide ...

I think I WILL sleep after all .... the relief may just be enough to knock me out! And Mei Le will def wake me up in time to make that call!

Will let you all know in the am!

A.


==============================

At 8:25 am, I was on the phone with Julie, who confirmed that she had a referral for us:

Hermonawit Eba, a little girl born December 12, 2007.

December 12 is MY birthday! How cool!

Before we had even hung up the phone, we had the emails with her photos and intake & medical info.

She is beautiful ... huge eyes, a smile that crinkles her eyes, and a bright, engaged look about her. We are smitten.

ETH regulations limit us from publicizing her photo until the adoption has been finalized, so you'll just have to wait (or email me and I can send you one).

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you and your family on your referral!!! It was wonderful news to see it posted on the board :) I'd love to see a picture of your little one if you're sharing:

    rkturgeon@sasktel.net

    Rhonda
    http://rkturgeon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIPPEE!!! As you know I am so thrilled for you and little Hermonawit is absolutely stunning! May your wait to travel be super short! I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies - we are SO thrilled & relieved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. waiting with you for the next steps!! sk

    ReplyDelete
  5. waiting with you for the next steps!! sk

    ReplyDelete