Wednesday, July 16, 2008

8 months yesterday ...

Now that I know that it will be Oct or Nov before I can travel to pick up Little Sister, I find myself less stressed about The Call. This doesn't mean that I am less eager or impatient ... maybe just more philosophical (whatever that means). Maybe it's just that the anxiety about whether or not we will beat the court closure is gone.

And, we certainly have lots to keep up busy - primarily my step-daughter's wedding on Aug 16. She and her fiance are in the UK, and will be home next week. In the meantime, we have been busy with invitations (wedding & shower), finding outfits (Mei Le wants everyone to know that she is the flower girl), and coaxing flowers to stay alive. The reception is at our farm - which is a lovely thing to do (ours was there), but also a lot of extra work ... details!

Maybe if I just don't think about the adoption call .... it will happen!

Today would be good.

2 comments:

  1. Sheesh...I totally hoped you'd get the call by now. This is insanity. As always, I will be hoping your good news come soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Danielle! I keep telling myself it's gotta be soon!!!

    Thanks for checking in!

    ReplyDelete