Thursday, July 10, 2008

7 mo, 3 wk and 4 days ...

Still no news.


The agency just announced that they have opened a new Transition House for infants ... this will allow them to house more infants as they wait for referrals - hopefully reducing the time before the children are placed. Rumour has it that this will reduce wait times for infant referrals to 2-4 mo. Great news for families new to the process .... a little bittersweet for those of us that have been waiting for a while.


I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that we will not beat the court closures - even if we were to get a referral today, I suspect we'd be caught (Tho I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised on both fronts!). So, this adds 8 wks to our overall timeline ... International Adoption is really like trying to hit a moving target.


My new guess-timation (keeping in mind I've been wrong before) is:


Referral - anytime now
Court date - when court opens, depending on backlog - early Oct.
Travel - Nov sometime? Later? Depends on immigration process: medicals, birth certificates, passport, visa.


Sigh.


On the up-side, last night I received the ETH cookbook I ordered, "Recipe of Love" (see a few posts ago). Looks great ... not as many vegetarian dishes as I had hoped, but I am sure I can adapt many of the poultry and meat ones to beans etc.




Mei Le at the park a couple of weeks ago ... Something about the see-saw makes me think about the emotional roller-coaster of IA! But she's having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment