Thursday, July 3, 2008

7 months, 2 weeks, and 4 days ...

... and still no news.

The latest grapevine gossip re: the court closures is that as of last week, there were about 3 wks of court dates still available before the court closures ... meaning that referrals accepted within the next 3 (well, now 2) weeks still have some chance of getting thru the courts before they close for 2 months. So, my main focus now is that we make it before then (not that I can do anything about ANY of it!).

Time is dwindling tho.

No one else in our waiting community has had an infant referred in ages, either, and I think we are near the top of the list ... Apparently they are still waiting for medical test results on a group of young infants - have been for a while now. Not sure the extent to which the drought and the ongoing power outages are having an impact.

Will def keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Allison,

    I check in on your blog in hopes to hear great news! Being that I am day behind you in "the great wait" I can fully appreciate where you are at emotionally and mentally. The looming court closures on top of a longer than anticipated wait is about enough to turn me into a crazy person!

    Sincerely hoping that this week can still bring "the news"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you are still waiting Allison! I know about the court closures fear all too well and my fingers are crossed for you that this doesn't even become a reality!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ladies ... appreciate the support. Just Putting in time until "the call". Was nowhere near this anxious for the first one ... maybe bec it was a more predictable process (monthly batches of referrals etc). Also, we got Mei Le's referral as timelines from China were shrinking ... not lengthening as currently for ETH.

    Will def post as soon as we know something!

    A.

    ReplyDelete