Sunday, January 18, 2009

One Month In - Corner Turned

Saturday, Jan 17 was the 1-mo anniversary of my "taking possession" of Ebba, and her joining our family. We've come a long way since then, and I believe I can safely say we've turned the corner and are settling in well as a family.

Ebba seems much more comfortable with us, is attaching wonderfully, and the girls are well on their way to becoming sisters - with all the ups and downs that includes. Thankfully, I seem to be attaching well to Ebba, as well, and am feeling a lot less tired and panic-y. Each day seems more normal and manageable. There are still some moments of exhaustion and frustration - but I think that's normal!

Phew!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things are going better. I've been following your journey since you traveled to get Ebba. I appreciate hearing about 'the downs' of your experience..I am currently waiting for referral for my second child. My first adoption experience everything was smooth, she was a happy 10 month old who wasn't yet crawling or getting into things. This time I am likely to bring home a child who is more mobile and reading your experience has helped prepare me for what I may be facing and find myself feeling during the transition.

    Jeanie

    p.s your twists are amazing. My daughter is now almost 3 and her hair is finally about Ebba's length (she was bald forever). I haven't yet been brave enough to try anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear that everyone is settling in and on the road to attaching well too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good! See, all's well- finally! :) She's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete