Saturday, January 10, 2009

Goodbye, Old Friend


Yesterday, we said goodbye to Cree, our Jack-Russell/Corgi-X. She was 14 years old and had been suffering from arthritis for several years. Unf, she was sensitive to the best available anti-inflammatories and so our ability to manage her pain was limited.

In addition, yesterday am she showed blood in her urine, and tests suggested it was either a severe urinary tract infection or a tumour. In either case, we were again limited in our ability to safely control the inflammation and pain - leading me to the difficult decision to end her suffering.

Cree had been with me 12+ years - pre-dating Ian in my life by One Day - which I never let him forget.

We will miss you, old friend.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I am sooo sorry. I held my husky-shep as he passed and it was heart-wretching even though he had way out lived his peers at 16 1/2 yrs old...
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw... I'm so sorry. Losing a pet/family member is so hard....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Condolences to you. I'm sure Cree had a long and happy life. It's a hard decision but no doubt for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. our condolences and also congrats to Ian for making it for the long haul. May you have many many more yrs together!

    ReplyDelete