Thursday, March 5, 2009

Are we Done?

Yes. Our family is complete.

I believe I told Ian this (tho it is a little blurry) as we drove home from the airport after I landed home with Ebba - you know, the Trip from Hell? I was not terribly rational then (too tired), but the decision has remained firm, and I think we are all content with it. After all, we are on the older side of parenting (I'm 44 and Ian's 51).

I am very much enjoying the purge that is accompanying Ebba growing out of things. As Mei Le grew out of clothes, I was hesitant to pass them on (feeling unsure about whether we would adopt only one child). But now I am purging with a vengeance. I have about 6 plastic tubs full of clothes for Ebba to grow into ... and with 5 yrs btw them, I may always have a few on hand. However, I suspect Ebba may catch up by a size or two as the years go by. Plus, as they reach tween- and teen-dom, they may become less receptive to "previously-owned" clothing (the staple of our current wardrobes - me included!).

1 comment:

  1. Boy, I don't check in for a few days and you go post-crazy!! Thanks for all the updates, pics, info, and news. Glad to hear that all is well, you're settling in, and life is good. Hope to see you and Ebba and MeiLe at the end of March!

    ReplyDelete