Thursday, April 12, 2007

Adoption Update


Here's where we are. Last Thursday I took the plunge and emailed the adoption agency we were dealing with for our Chinese adoption, to tell them of our decision to seek Little Sister in Ethiopia. Sadly, this means cancelling (aborting?) the Chinese adoption, as the ON govt will not allow us to be seeking two adoptions at once. So much for my little plan to adopt NOW (OK - soon!) from Ethiopia, and still meet the minimum 18 mo requirement to adopt the child from China when the proposal (finally!) came through. Sigh.


It was a hard thing to do - as part of me feels that once we had submitted our file, the stars (or whatever) were aligning themselves to bring us and Chinese Little Sister together.


I also asked this agency to forward our dossier to the new Agency for review, to tell us what we need (other than the homestudy update). No news yet, so today I will follow up. I don't want to lose any time, as the Ethiopian court system closes down for July-August and no adoptions are processed at that time. I'd like to beat the closure, if I can.


Will keep you posted!


No comments:

Post a Comment