Monday, September 1, 2008

Much Play on Labour Day!

On Monday, Labour Day, we spent a kid-focussed day ... Mei Le had two friends stay over from Sunday, along with my niece, so we went to the local park and enjoyed the splash pad, play structures, and the beautiful day. Much fun was had by all!

Mei Le and Teya continue to become fast friends, and Haragwan is such a great big sister!







Teya capped off the day by temporarily overcoming her fear of any animal larger than a cat to ride my sister's pony, Sally! She was very brave and actually seemed to love it!



At the end of the day, Mei Le announced that she wanted little braids like Teya & Haragwan, so while they watched Cinderella, I called on my teenage horse-braiding muscle memory, and had a go of it (see below). She loved them so much she had to sleep in them, and to wear them to school the next day. Plus, last night I had to put them back in for school today! I sense a trend, and have bought a bunch of SMALL elastics and ordered some hair snaps etc to streamline the process.


I would like to start practicing cornrows, etc, in prep for Ebba's arrival home, but am having a hard time re-training many years of braiding to the "upside-down" method required for neat hair braids. At least (sadly) I will have a few months yet to practice before Ebba comes home!


1 comment: