Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I am losing my mind ....!

So - we are now at 6.75 months of waiting for the referral of Little Sister (since our dossier went to ETH). Current estimates of wait times for infant girls are 6-7 mo, and the last infant girl referral I have heard of was at exactly 7 mo. So, for the past 2 wks, I have been half-expecting to hear something - to the extent that I promptly check for messages (phone and email) whenever returning home, and half-jump when I hear the long-distance ring on the phone.

Yesterday, Monday, I woke up half-dreaming of Little Sister, sure that it would be The Day .. of course it wasn't. I am more-or-less non-productive at work - distracted by What is Coming ... Soon!

Every indication that I and others have received from the agency is that there is a group of young babies that recently (2-3 wk) arrived at the Transition Home, and they will be referred as soon as their medicals and AIDS tests are done. Some have suggested that there is maybe an additional short delay due to their young ages, because the AIDS tests can't be done (with any accuracy) until the infants are at least 1 mo old. Reading btw the lines, my impression is that our daughter is THERE, and they are just waiting for the paperwork before she can be referred.

At least I HOPE that's the case.

Of course, there's nothing to say that once the referral is in and we know who she is, that I will be any more effective in my life .... but at least we'll be on to the next phase!


No comments:

Post a Comment